Baked & breaded avocado slices July 17 2013, 0 Comments
I know, turning on the oven in this heat is not desirable in the crazy heatwave we are having here in NY. However, this dish looks delish and we love avocados in our house, so I intend to whip these strips up when the weather cools. Yum.
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Recipe and photo via My recipes