7 Fall pieces you'll wear the heck out of! September 19 2016, 0 Comments
A running theme at least for myself and my fellow mom friends is since becoming mothers is the need for wardrobes to last longer. Being able to throw on (fast, like 3 minutes) and wear regardless if at the park or at work is a must. I always say wear the heck out of your clothes which is why you only should buy pieces that fit your personal style and life criteria. With fall only days away here are 7 pieces that you can easily dress up or down and wear the heck out of!
Long Dress : Sierra Day Long Dress Apiece apart
Wide Crop: Jcrew Crop Wool Pant
Easy Clog: Hadley Tassel Clog via Loeffler Randall
Comfty Stylish Tee: Madewell C!ao graphic tee
Mom Jeans: Mom Fit jeans via Zara
Fall Coat: Military Knit Coat via Zara
Bag for Everything: Cream Goat w/Cotton Patchwork Grid Clare V
Post By Donna
Shoe Goals: 8 Fall Ones We ♥ . October 12 2015, 0 Comments
Fall is here and I am in shoe limbo as seems to happen every season when the weather begins to cools for I am not quite ready to cover my toes. Oh Sighhh it is time to give in and start covering up...thankfully this season is one of shoes and boots with an eclectic mix being offered which means... mama there is a shoe out there for you.
I'm all about boots since I haven't seen a such a variety of boots such as this in years. They are easy to wear for a mom and up the ante of the most casual of looks. My only non- boot mention is the No.6 Loafer which is so freakin cute...want on my feet now. My guess is this is only the beginning of our shoe posts so let's start with these 8 that worth checking out:
2. FRANKIE TUMBLED LEATHER ANKLE BOOTS via Jcrew
4. LEATHER ANKLE BOOT WITH FRINGES via Zara
5. Whistles Roselle Jodphur Black Leather Flat Chelsea Boots via Asos
7. The tali boot in true black via Madewell
8. Fennel Suede Tall TEBA Boot via Sole Society
Photo: Catch A Trend
A few of my Winter must have's... January 05 2015, 0 Comments
I'm a total cliché when it comes to cold weather probably because I love all the warm things you can wrap yourself around on a chilly day. Of course I do get sick of frigid weather but before I do here are a few of my winter favs.
- Traditionally known as steamer rugs this blanket has been a nice layer to keeping us toasty on movie night at home. Pendleton Blanket Motor Robe Blanket
- I have been searching for a barrette that I can wear in lieu of all the hairbands I use-something for work that looks like I made a stylish effort. Calf hair barrette via Jcrew
- Any cozy sweater that screams it's cold outside and I want it. Etoile Isabel Marant (pictured here) also this one is pretty cute.
- Lorac Palette of pink blushes, comes out spring (have been testing it for a future Momtastic post) but the jest of them is that you ahead bit of a rosy glow for weather that can zap your skin of color - similar pink here.
- I always have dry shampoo and this one is my latest obsession. I can still comb my hair through and it doesn’t dry it out like so many dry shampoos tend to do. R & Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo (travel size)
- Garance Dore Beaute Pocket Notebook set are the perfect size on the go journals for my bag especially when I am at work appointments.
Posted by Donna
New Years Eve (for the mom). December 29 2014, 0 Comments
I am planning to stay in this New Year's Eve with just few family members stopping by for some wine and light food. I very rarely buy dressy clothes as I need my clothes to work for my day job and I usually dress this wardrobe down on weekends.
I find that my mom friends are in the same boat. But the thing is I want to look like I made some effort and ring in the New Year with some style. The key for me is to buy one piece that can easily go with some of my basic pieces. I am really obsess with lace skirts and planning to wear one with a simple silk tee on NYE and the style it later for work like this. If you like drop earrings think of wearing your hair in a low twist or texture waves. And never underestimate the power of a bold lip. Pick one piece and go with it...working that voodoo that only moms can do.
- Ace & Jig Garden Tee via Madewell
- White Jeans in Matchstick Jean via Jcrew
- Dulci Suede Kitten Heels via Jcrew
- New Day Gold Tone Crystal Earrings via Outnet
- Lace Skirt via H&M
- Mother Of Pearl Embellished Sweatshirt via Outnet
Posted by Donna
7 Maternity Pieces for now and beyond... September 08 2014, 0 Comments
Fall is almost here and despite the unpredictable weather summer clothes are going to need to be put away for the season. If you're expecting we have 7 great pieces that are prefect with this transitional weather. Wear now-layer as the your belly grows and the weather chills as all these pieces have layer potential which is why we love them!
1. Maternity Stripe Dress via Old Navy
2. Maternity 3/4 Sleeve Top via Target
3. Maternity Space Dye Tunic via Topshop
4.Maternity Crepe Culottes via Topshop
5. Not a traditional maternity piece but order in XL and wear at least till your 6-7 month. Super cute for fall. Daywalk Shirtdress via Madewell
6. High heeled Leather Printed Bootie via Zara
7. Mama Parka in Khaki Green via H&M
Photo: From the stylish Could I have That
Winter to Spring Boots February 10 2014, 0 Comments
Spring arrives March 20th and I hate to sound like Debbie downer however I think mother nature still has plans for us here in the East Coast. The plan is for it to still be cold! How I tend to get out of my winter slump (besides a new haircut, some yoga) is to lighten up the wardrobe yet add some lighter colors for I feel once the sun is shiny we may still be hit with frigid days and snow. I love the idea of a lighter boot for frankly I am sick of the thick boots I keep wearing. I like that these boots will look cute with what I have in my closet as well as help me (hopefully in a fashion sense!) be less glum about my winter look. If dark shoes are your thing try some of the boots that will be coming out in navy. I'm loving the above clogs in the (top) photo and think even with out socks they will look great with a midi skirt or slouchy pants come spring. I included suede here for I am all for wearing suede in cold weather. I just weather proof them, clean them up after I get caught in the rain and they still look great.
Here are my picks!
1. Evacuate Leather Chelsea Leather Ankle Boots via ASOS
2. Joie Pinyon Suede Pull Boots via Neiman Marcus
3. Woman's ip Ankle Boot in Sand via Old Navy
4. Flat Leather Ankle Boot via Zara
5. Leather Ankle Boot With Stack Heel via Zara
6. Stella McCartney Camouflage Print Canvas Ankle Boots via Net- A -Porter
Photo: Free People Boot available here
Transitional mama, picking clothes that work for more then one season. July 22 2013, 0 Comments
Last week in hundred degree weather I was suprised at how many people had sweaters on on the train. It's quite easy to understand why, it may be humid and hot outside, yet when I walk into my office I am freezing. Also, we aren't that far off from fall, thus some of you may be in the market for clothes. The great thing about the upcoming fall season is that it has a lot of color and prints- wait to you see all the color variations of leopard that will be hitting the stores. Making your wardrobe for you is key . If like me you need your clothes to work for the weekend as well as for your job or the days you aren't staying at home, shop for items that can be worn with light weight pieces, yet can be layered come fall.
I can easliy see a vivid floral pant (such as #2) with a grey sweater, chunky military coat and a chambray shirt under the leopard tee. I know the frayed denim skirt is pretty trendy and can't be worn to all professional or serious places but it's that one fun piece that you'll appreciate when you need something less serious in your closet.
1. Top with pleated top via Zara
3. Structured Animal Tee via Topshop
4. Jumpsuit with elastic waist via Zara
5. Patent Blucher via Zara
Posted by Donna
Photo via Autumn Fever