Love this idea from Design Sponge on DIY Heart Bath Bombs. So cute and so easy! Who wouldn’t love to receive a lovely smelling chance to relax?
1. Combine the citric acid, Epsom salt and baking soda in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Add a few drops of the colorant and your fragrance of choice. Mix in the colorant using your hands. (The bath bomb colorant will clump up, but it shouldn’t cause the bombs to fizz.)
3. This next step is the tricky one: You need to get the mixture moist enough to form into the molds but not wet enough to start fizzing. Proceed slowly, spritzing the mixture and mixing the witch hazel in with your hands.
4. Once the mixture sticks together when you squeeze it, pack it into the molds.
5. Let the mixture dry overnight. Then gently remove the bath bombs from the mold.
*Note: While some recipes might call for food coloring, it’s actually important that you use a bath bomb colorant. Food coloring could stain your bathtub.
Photo: Bracken Craft