Urban Sitter sent this Infographic to us recently based on results of a survey they did with hundreds of parents on how much you should give to your babysitter. I find the results and suggestions of gifts quite helpful. Thank you Urban Sitter for sending this our way.
Parents who use UrbanSitter to find a great babysitter often ask, “how much should I give my nanny for Christmas?” or “what should I give my babysitter for the holidays?” The UrbanSitter 2012 Holiday Gifting Survey Infographic answers all of your nanny bonus and babysitter gift questions.
What To Give the Nanny for Year End Bonus:
- The most popular holiday gift for nannies is a Christmas bonus of one week’s pay.
- 97% of parents surveyed give their nanny a Christmas bonus or gift.
- Popular nanny gifts and babysitter gifts include: Gift cards to a favorite retailer or restaurant, spa items or as gift card for spa services, scarves, other handmade items, a framed photo of the kids, candles, gourmet foods such as baked goods or chocolates and fine teas.
What To Get Babysitters for Christmas:
- 3 out of 4 parents surveyed give their babysitter gifts or a year end bonus for Christmas.
- Of the parents who give cash, 17% give less than $25, 39% give $25-75, and 44% give over $75.
- If you live in San Francisco, be prepared to give a bit more, as the average parent gives over $75 to the babysitter for Christmas.
- New Yorkers are likely to give the babysitter a year end bonus of over $100!
Source: UrbanSitter. The UrbanSitter Holiday Bonus study was fielded in November and December 2012. It includes results from 395 parent respondents.