Now that all the damage and devastation has been brought to light, if you’re feeling like you want to help out but can’t figure out how, here are a few local places that are taking donations to help our neighbors in the Rockaways:
*El Puente is accepting donations from 9:30-11:30am at their offices: 211 South 4th St. (@Roebling) Williamsburg 11211
*Brooklyn Kitchen is accepting donations anytime the store is open, Meeker @ Frost, Williamsburg
*Corcoran real estate office is accepting donations at Bedford btw N. 3nd & N. 4rd, between 9 am and 5pm
Here is a listing of the requested items:
- NONPERISHABLE FOOD (cans, boxes, snacks, bottled water)
- soap, shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, toothbrushes
- diapers, formula, baby wipes,
- Warm clothing: adult, teens, and children’s (gloves, scarves, coats, socks, etc.)
- Cleaning supplies - shovels, garbage bags, gloves, etc.
- just about everything!
*Donate blood: Saturday at Williamsburg Church; 231 Ainslie Street from 10:00am to 4:00pm. RSVP here.
Photo: Nevins via Surfer Magazine