Whether you are an apartment dweller and cannot wallpaper, paint in bright colors or want to keep your baby's room in a neutral palette adding a few colorful pieces can make a room. I love blues and turquoise for a baby's room especially if you are having a girl. I didn't shy away from pink in my son's room, it was very limited but his room hues consisted of kelly greens, shots of pink and blue here and there but the base of the room was white with more earth tones to hold the room together. Adding a few pops of color can really bring the room together and with brands such as H& M, Zara you can stretch the budget a bit spending on the key pieces (such as cool art) that can last for many years.
1. Jenny Prinn - Fishbowl 2 Acrylic and Mixed Media on canvas. Handmade frame by the artist. 20" x 20" via Serena & Lily. Serena & Lily also offers less expensive artist prints, you just have to check on the site often as they sell fast. I used Etsy and Renegade Craft Fair for my son's art.
3. Mercado Baskets via Serena & Lily
4. Feathers Pillow via Zara
5. Welcome Pom Pom Garland via abeautifulparty etsy
6. Metal Container in turquoise via H&M
7. Dotted Glow Table Shade and Half Karat Base via The Land of Nod
8. Hippopotamus Door Stop via Zara
For more on what inspires us in kids interiors check out our Kid's Decor Pinterest board!
Comments will be approved before showing up.