Happy Weekend. June 27 2014, 0 Comments
Long week, graduations, emotions high as our kids grow. This mama is ready to sleep in a bit this weekend because it’s on! Summer in the city is here at least for the moms I know and it is going to be filled with non- stop park visits and activities are part of the plan. I remember when my son was not even one I had a hard time finding fun and cool things to do with him on my days off. Now North Brooklyn has so many places to go and visit. As we mentioned in our summer guide we will post on FB and twitter when we find something you may want to do - a great store, restaurant or event that is worth the stop so please visit us. If you live here in Williamsburg /Greenpoint or are visiting there are also 3 sites worth bookmarking to find out what is happening daily/weekly.
Do/ Good To Know:
- Do you want to plan your own music class this summer with a group of your friends? Bilingual Birdies will come to you and host a 45 minute long sessions that run for ten weeks beginning when you decide. Rates vary based on how many children are in your group.
- Have a car or want to hop on the subway Kids Bowl Free at Shell Lanes.
- Great Deal! Starting this week Play Greenpoint will have $12 Wednesdays until Sept. 15th
- Time out Guide To Free Movies
Worth The Read/Watch:
- One of my favorite writers Julia Turshen (and from our part of Brooklyn) has a great profile on Terrain's Blog, all her favorite places are most of ours as well!
- Dad Really Goes For it in Frozen Duet via Huff Post
- The Soccer Mom Paradox Or Why American Kids Play Soccer But Only Watch During World Cup Time via Forbes
Photo: Tremendous Pix
Posted by Donna