Happy Weekend. May 01 2015, 0 Comments
- Kid klass fundraiser at Old Stone House 10 a.m -4pm. Hands on activities for the kids, performances and healthy snacks.
- Uber will pick up your spring cleaning Saturday Spring cleaning? Uber teaming up with our friends at Goodwill® NYNJ will pick up your bags of clothing, and deliver them directly to a local donation center—at no cost to you.
Started by a local marriage and family therapist (at North Brooklyn Marriage & Family Therapy) and a Brooklyn mom, a new moms group has been started to provide a space for new moms to express all the crazy feelings that come along with early motherhood. From colic to sleep deprivation to breastfeeding issues, all of these issues will be cover ed.
- New moms group A drop-in new moms support group run by North Brooklyn Marriage and Family Therapy and the King's Bay Y of North Williamsburg for Moms with babies who are under eight months (babies are welcome of course). Second time moms welcome!
Tuesdays from 11am-12pm
Location: King’s Bay Y in North Williamsburg (14 Hope St.) - nearby the G and L trains and street parking is often available
Cost: $10 drop-in
- Donate Legos! Greenpoint Library is hoping to start a Lego Club this upcoming summer. Please donate to the Greenpoint branch. Select Greenpoint under the Direct My Donation tab here. Funds to purchase Lego sets and other materials that will benefit the Greenpoint community.
- GCEF Greenpoint Community Meeting on how ideas and projects for GCEF funding. May 4th 6:30-8:30pm
- Deadline to apply for Williamsburg Walks May 8th.
Worth The Read
- Life Before Equal Pay: Portrait of a working mothere is teh 50's via Time
- Parenting your introvert/extrovert via Realsimple
- Embracing my wild child via Huff Post
Photo: Free People