Dark Cayenne - Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats December 26 2012, 0 Comments
The Holiday soirees aren’t quite over with New years Eve around the corner. My friend Marina gave me this recipe years ago and it is a no fail. It costs under $10 to make. It’s a perfect little dish if you are staying in and bringing in the New Year with friends. The last time I made this easy dish, I served them on a platter next to the wines and whoosh gone in minutes. Holiday yum is still on.
6 cups Rice Krispies
2-3 cups of dark chocolate Chips
3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. After butter has melted slowly add chocolate chips, melt, you may need a bit extra butter if chocolate seems to absorb all the moisture. Just a little bit should do the trick. Add a teaspoon of Cayenne to keep Krispy treats with just a hint of spice unless you tend to go very spicy add more. For my family I only add half a teaspoon.
3. Remove from heat.
4. (It would be perfect to be measuring out all of the cereal at this time, having it ready in a large bowl.).
5. Working quickly, add rice krispies cereal, and stir until the cereal is well coated.
6. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press the mixture evenly into a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan (or whatever pan you have on hand).
7. When the treats are cooled, cut into squares.
Original Recipe Rice Kripies Treats by food.com, modified by Motherburg.