The Holiday soirees aren’t quite over with New years Eve around the corner. My friend Marina gave me this recipe years ago and it is a no fail. It costs under $10 to make. It’s a perfect little dish if you are staying in and bringing in the New Year with friends. The last time I made this easy dish, I served them on a platter next to the wines and whoosh gone in minutes. Holiday yum is still on.
6 cups Rice Krispies
2-3 cups of dark chocolate Chips
3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. After butter has melted slowly add chocolate chips, melt, you may need a bit extra butter if chocolate seems to absorb all the moisture. Just a little bit should do the trick. Add a teaspoon of Cayenne to keep Krispy treats with just a hint of spice unless you tend to go very spicy add more. For my family I only add half a teaspoon.
3. Remove from heat.
4. (It would be perfect to be measuring out all of the cereal at this time, having it ready in a large bowl.).
5. Working quickly, add rice krispies cereal, and stir until the cereal is well coated.
6. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press the mixture evenly into a greased 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan (or whatever pan you have on hand).
7. When the treats are cooled, cut into squares.
Original Recipe Rice Kripies Treats by food.com, modified by Motherburg.
Comments will be approved before showing up.