Pop-Up Thanksgiving CSA via Local Roots NYC October 22 2013, 0 Comments
I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and have been wondering where to get an organic turkey that didn't entail me going across town and carrying a huge bird back on the train as well as making multiply trips for veggies. Lucky for Brooklyn Local Roots NYC is offering a Pop-Up Thanksgiving CSA and the pick up is at a perfect location. Turkey yum!
- Local Roots NYC will be offering a Pop-Up Thanksgiving CSA with pick up on Tuesday, November 26 at several CSA drop-off locations, including 61 Local (Boerum Hill), Brooklyn Farmacy (Carroll Gardens), Harefield Road (East Williamsburg), and The Pencil Factory (Greenpoint).
- Members can opt for a home-delivery at an added cost, anywhere in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx, on either Saturday November 23 or Sunday November 24.
- The Pop-Up CSA offers local and sustainable Thanksgiving options including fresh, whole turkey, smoked maple bourbon ham, ready-made veggie loaf, vegetables, fruit, farm-pressed cider, artisanal caramel popcorn, hand-made pies, artisanal cheese, bread, and hot honey.
- All vegetable shares will come with a Pop-Up Thanksgiving tote bag and recipe cards.
- CSA members and non-members are welcome to sign up via the Local Roots NYC website, now til Friday, November 1st.
- Winter CSA season featuring fresh greens from the farm's hoop house will begin in December. Order separately from Pop Up Thanksgiving CSA.
Photo, Brooklyn Local Roots
Posted by Donna