Pop-Up Thanksgiving CSA via Local Roots NYC
October 22, 2013
I am hosting Thanksgiving this year and have been wondering where to get an organic turkey that didn't entail me going across town and carrying a huge bird back on the train as well as making multiply trips for veggies. Lucky for Brooklyn Local Roots NYC is offering a Pop-Up Thanksgiving CSA and the pick up is at a perfect location. Turkey yum!
- Local Roots NYC will be offering a Pop-Up Thanksgiving CSA with pick up on Tuesday, November 26 at several CSA drop-off locations, including 61 Local (Boerum Hill), Brooklyn Farmacy (Carroll Gardens), Harefield Road (East Williamsburg), and The Pencil Factory (Greenpoint).
- Members can opt for a home-delivery at an added cost, anywhere in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx, on either Saturday November 23 or Sunday November 24.
- The Pop-Up CSA offers local and sustainable Thanksgiving options including fresh, whole turkey, smoked maple bourbon ham, ready-made veggie loaf, vegetables, fruit, farm-pressed cider, artisanal caramel popcorn, hand-made pies, artisanal cheese, bread, and hot honey.
- All vegetable shares will come with a Pop-Up Thanksgiving tote bag and recipe cards.
- CSA members and non-members are welcome to sign up via the Local Roots NYC website, now til Friday, November 1st.
- Winter CSA season featuring fresh greens from the farm's hoop house will begin in December. Order separately from Pop Up Thanksgiving CSA.
Click here to learn more about Local Roots NYC Pop up Thanksgiving!
Photo, Brooklyn Local Roots
Posted by Donna
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.