5 Baby Musts for Registry or Gifts March 31 2014
1. Carter’s onesies - I tried other brands. They weren’t as soft, or as durable in the wash as the Carter’s. They are sized really well. And a onesie is a year round must have - as a layer in the winter and as a complete outfit in the summer.
2. Nowali cable knit moccasins - I loved these! Warm, easy to put on, look adorable. Great first walking shoes, or great to keep toes warm for pre-walkers. I still use them for my kids as slippers. Durable and cute.
3. Aden + Anais muslin swaddle blankets - Soft. Large. Adorable prints. I love this blankets! Great for swaddling a newborn, covering a baby in a stroller while sleeping, and even a toddler can use one as a sheet. I love the fabric, and the prints of these great blankets.
4. Boon grass drying rack - This was my 3rd rack. The first would tip over when I placed a bottle on one end (I used glass bottles, see below), the second was ok, but looked obnoxious on the counter and didn’t have enough spots for things. Then I got this… first of all, it looks great - like a piece of art right next to the sink, second, it can hold bottles, nipples, collars, caps, pump accessories… it all just fits and works anywhere - no special place to put things, just plop them down and they all dry evenly.
5. Lifefactory bottles - My first child was pretty much exclusively breastfed and I was cool with the occasional plastic bottle. But, my second child never nursed (two long months of exclusively pumping for him before finally giving in and using formula) - I could literally feel the film on a plastic bottle. I liked lifefactory because I love the look of them. Cool. Modern. Great colors. But the prices! Oye. So, I did try a less expensive glass bottle and it leaked all over. Every time. So, after a week, I broke down and bought one Lifefactory one. And it was great. No leaks. Looked great. So, I purchased a few more. What I also love most about these bottles is that they can grow with you. They sell a sippy cap and they sell solid caps (I even use them on occasion with a solid cap and just drink from the bottle). A great investment.
Erica Young has a MA in Early Childhood Education from New York University. She is currently a stay at home mom to a 4 year old pony loving ballerina and a 2 year old metrocard holding bus driver.