Summer Read We have been slowly improving our living space. My husband just built these farm style doors and refurbished our kitchen table, having these adjustments at home outs me in better mood. I just started reading Design Mom How To Live With Kids: A Room-by-Room Guide. So many home books overwhelm me but this book is spot on how to make your living space work for you and your family. From Kitchen Cleanup to an easy DIY of of fabric -covered bulletin boards this book is one of my summer reads.
Sunnies I usually wear a dark sunglass but have been really into light sunglasses, feel like they lighten up my wardrobe a bit. Marc by Marc Jacobs Bicolor Translucent sunglasses
My mom on the go shoe I have been searching for the style of huaraches my mothers use to buy me when she went on her Mexico trips however I can’t seem to find them and when I do they cost about 50 times more then they should. I found these espadrille/huarache hybrids from Zara when working on a post for MB and decided to give them a try. I love them so much that I just throw them in my bag so I can wear them when my work shoes start to hurt. They are the perfect running around the city with my boy shoes.
Jot things down I always carry journals to jot new finds or ideas while I am on the go. These Raven and Lily's handmade books are lightweight and do not take up too much space in my already full bag.
White out So into white nails for the summer. I am not a big matte white girl so this white but with a wee bit of shimmer is just the right hue for me. Revlon in Ethereal
Summer postcards Obsess with all things from Hartland Brooklyn. I especially love their tattoos and plan to buy some soon for the summer. Camp Postcard set
Beauty I like having a balm in my bag for any redness or sunburns that pop up on me or my son at the pool or the park. This Badger Beauty Balm is so smooth and really keeps my skin soft, I have been using it a lot on my hands since I am always using hand sanitizer.
Post By Donna
I love neutral colors. Here and there I add a pop of color, but I like to try to stick to a simple color palette so I can easily mix and match clothes. My go to colors are usually grey and black. But last summer I fell in love with navy. It's a great, classic neutral, and perfect for summer. Not as harsh as black, yet just as versatile. Here are some navy pieces I am loving for both wear and home. Mix and match with a bright color, using the navy as your basic neutral because in my book navy is a win-win.
1. A classic dress. Navy. Crochet detail. Perfect for a tiny bump, full bump, or post bump body. Try pairing with a bright sandal or belt.
2. A beautiful clutch. I use this as a purse on date night, or as a place to put my small-ish pieces. Pair with a bright dress or all white or cream outfit. Via Baggu
3. These blue home textiles are perfect accents with some of the navy I am popping into my rooms. Via Dara Artisans
4. Navy in this flat clutch works with my day looks and I can easily mix with other prints. Via Clare V
5. Another cool piece for my casa. Via Target
6. Toms Espadrilles - an easy shoe to slip on with shorts, jeans, or a cute dress.Via Bloomies
7. A maxi dress - more of a bright blue however the great floral print mixes well with my navy accessories.
8. My favorite accessory - a watch! Love this simple leather band via Tory Burch
9. This Clare V is perfect for summer baby bump (baby #3) and brings a bit of fun to my serious navy hues. The best part? All proceeds of this bag goes to Every Mother Counts charity.
Post by Erica
Cleanup Greenpoint Brooklyn tomorrow has been delayed due to bad weather.
McCarren Pool set to open tomorrow.
Cool Lego Project!
The collectivity project for Kids at The Highline
Free admission | No RSVP Required Weekly, every Tuesday and Thursday, 4:00 to 6:00 PM
Camp hasn't started yet? Running around with the kids? A few things to do next week for free at the library:
Worth The Read:
Traveling With Kids Sanity Savers via The Mother List
5 apps for running around the city with kids
Funny pics on what it may look like when transitioning your child from crib to bed. Via Popsugar
Looking for some summer reads? Past post by Erica on 4 of her favorite book series has some great picks.
For a Child with a Learning Disability, There’s Such a Thing As Too Much Help
Photo: Bea Wolert