Wool: A miracle fiber, a lecture
Caribou Baby is offering a great free lecture next weekend. If my husband’s around, I’m going to sneak off and attend it! I LOVE wool so I’m excited to learn more about it.
Here’s the info. You need to RSVP via their website here:
Wonderous Wool: A Miracle Fiber
Saturday, October 27th 1-2PM and its free!
Caribou Baby, 272 Driggs
Come learn about the amazing properties of the wool fiber and why it is considered essential in newborn and child rearing and for cloth diapering in many countries across the globe! In this class you will learn about:
- Wool and Wool/Silk blends: Their natural properties and why it’s the number one choice when it comes to dressing your newborn
- How you can influence the good health of your newborn by choosing Wool and Wool/Silk clothing and accessories
- About the year-round qualities of wool. Wool is not (only) for winter!
- The ease, comfort and practicality of using wool in your Cloth Diapering routine, and why it is the easier and more effective choice over microfibers and other synthetics.
- Learn about “Lanolin”: what it is, why it makes the wool diaper cover waterproof, yet breathable and how to maintain this quality
- The “must-have-wool-basics” for your newborn when it comes to adapting in the first weeks after birth
- How to dress your baby in wool with a demonstration
- The Dos and Don’ts of washing wool: How to take care of your wool products properly so they last forever
Photo: Getty Images