Such a great recipe that I’m just going to copy it. thanks to Nourished Kitchen for the great idea: Peach Butter
- YIELD: 6 pints (48 Servings)
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 60 mins
- READY IN: 1 hr 5 mins
Peach butter is simple to prepare and wonderfully rich in flavor thanks to the addition of spices like allspice, ginger and cloves.
- 15 pounds peaches (pitted and quartered)
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Working in batches, toss the peaches in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour peach puree into a heavy-bottomed stock pot, and stir in spices. Simmer uncovered over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for about 60 minutes or until thickened into a fine paste.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender, pour into pint-sized mason jars and refrigerate or can using the water bath method.