Blue Corn Breakfast Tacos…why not? I basically make everything a taco with my breakfast regardless since I out of habit warm up corn tortillas every morning. However blue tacos and the combo of avocado with scramble egg is an almost guarantee to be eaten in Casa Ladd.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 eggs + 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, smashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz. thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 4 blue corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Place avocado in a medium bowl and mash with a fork, add lemon juice and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk. Next melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture and cook, stirring occasionally until large curds begin to form. When eggs look barely set, remove from heat immediately. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm your tortillas in the microwave or over a gas stove on low heat so the edges become slightly golden brown and crispy.
- Spread mashed avocado over each blue corn tortilla. Spoon eggs over avocado and add salmon over the eggs, top each with a bit of dill and add salt and pepper to taste.
Photo & recipe via ambitious kitchen