As parents, you probably have AMPLE amounts of people who want to come visit you (read-visit your babe(s)) and chances are you don’t have a lot of space in which to house said guests. Boy are you in luck! With 2 hotels opening within a year of each other - you now have a couple places to house guests.
Here is a listing of local hotels and apartment rentals for Williamsburg and Greenpoint:
1) King & Grove Williamsburg - Rooftop saltwater pool & bar… Wi-Fi in every room…Valet parking! Located across the street from McCarren Park this hotel is in a great spot for visiting parents or friends or better yet - an anniversary getaway!
2) Wythe Hotel - I’ve watched with baited anticipation as this former skate park/taggers haven slowly turned into an awesome hotel and they finally have an opening date: May 1. Rooftop bar and choice of Brooklyn or Manhattan views; this is sure to become a grandparents favorite! You can view more photos here.
3) The Williamsburg Guest House - Owned by a local momma this brownstone boasts 4 different sized units that can be rented out for as long as you need um! Great for anxious grandparents who want to hang out till baby makes their debut.
4) Greenpoint Lodge - Owned by the ever lovely Ariel, owner of Sparrow Salon downstairs, this ‘lodge’ has 3 apartments that can also be rented for as long as you need um as well. My MIL has stayed here twice and loves it!
5) The Box House Hotel - The rooms look amazing, though the location is a bit remote. That said this may work for those who live in the Northern most point in Greenpoint.
6) Hotel Jolie - Last but not least, the Jolie. Its a decent hotel. My FIL stayed there and they were very kind and accommodating since he has MS and is wheelchair bound. They also have free continental breakfast everyday and easy access to the park.
Also check airbnb.com and homeaway.com
Posted by: Jessica Glorieux
Photo: Wythe Hotel (via their website)