Pregnant women surround me these days, a few of my closest friends are expecting as well as a handful of co-workers (I may start bottling and selling the water from work!) and maternity wear is the hot topic du jour. It has been a good excuse to start posting on maternity again since I really love the clothes and it is one of the reasons I started Motherburg!
I always intend to write as many lines as possible to suggest to mamas however when it comes down to it I always narrow it down to just few handful. For really, you only need one to two stores or sites that fits with your style, and budget.
Here are 6 of my favorites:
1. ASOS Maternity: One of my favorite lines to suggest when you want to build a wardrobe of about 6-10 pieces. From skinny jeans to printed dresses that are cut to flatter ASOS does not compromise on style. The best part? Much like your regular size wardrobe you can wear these pieces from work to weekend.
2. Old Navy: A mother to be can buy suggested pieces by trimester or for the entire 9 months. My favorites pieces are their jeans, gauzy tunic tops and long maxi dresses.
3. Target: If on a tight budget belly support and maternity shape wear are quite affordable here. Liz Lange's maternity basics such as black jersey pants and weekend dresses can be worn the entire pregnancy. From experience online has a better inventory then the stores.
4. Caribou Baby: The local mothers know this Brooklyn jewel however what some do not know is that they have an amazing online store. Boob Design And After tops and tights are my suggestion to the mom to be who wants quality tops and hosiery that will fit well, keep shape and last.
5. Jcrew: Find Jcrew's most popular styles in maternity cuts. I bought large sizes in this brand while pregnant for I still wanted those stylish pieces weaved into my wardrobe and love that a mama to be can now buy Jcrew in maternity cuts!
6. Hatch Collection: Hatch is the line you want to wear regardless if you are or are not pregnant. That is the point. Meant to be worn before, during and after this drool worthy line is perfect for the pregnant fashion maven.