Happy Weekend. April 04 2014, 0 Comments
Spring is here, rain and all. We are suppose to have cloudy somewhat sunny weather which I’ll happily take!
I wanted to send a quick note thanking all the readers who have been coming on to the site each week. I and MB’s amazing contributors really appreciate your support. In the last few months we have been having readers from not only Brooklyn but from all over the country. Wow. When I first started Motherburg I always said I hoped for readers not only from this sweet neighborhood but hopefully from all over. This week alone we had visitors from Australia, Italy, France, Russia and Poland and this is just this week! Welcome and please feel free to email me if you feel there is a topic we are missing.
Worth The Read:
- One of the best Easter Egg Hunt Roundups out there! Via Red Tricycle
- 10 Things I Would Differently As A New Mom via Momtastic
- Brooklyn Rents Rise Even Higher via Gothamist
- I am so happy that my son’s spring sports are all happening near the East River Park for Smorgasburg and The Brooklyn Flea (Sunday) are back outdoors tomorrow. We always finish on the early side and tend to stay at the park for hours so I usually end up getting some food treats while he and his friends play.
- As mentioned earlier Caribou Baby is having a HUGE sale.
- MB’s own Kristen Melkin from Eckford Street Lab will be hosting a free event at Flying Squirrel this Sunday:Help us bring on spring! We'll be back at Flying Squirrel this Sunday with another FREE art workshop. Come celebrate the end of winter by growing a sculpture from sticks, clay, and other treasures from the studio. Open to artists of all ages!
- Bunny Time! This Sunday: Breakfast with the Easter bunny at St Stan's school. 10a.m-12 noon in the auditorium.
12 Newell St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
$10 for Children
$8 for Adults
*bring your easter egg basket for the egg hunt!
- Brooklyn Baby and Family Expo is this Sunday and it looks amazing, see info below.
Popular Parenting Author Bunmi Laditan to Emcee the Brooklyn Baby and Family Expo
Brooklyn’s largest family event brings together parenting experts Bunmi Laditan (Honest Toddler), Jamie Grayson (TheBabyGuyNYC) and more
WHO: A Child Grows in Brooklyn; Bunmi Laditan; Jamie Grayson
WHAT: The family friendly Brooklyn Baby and Family Expo (achildgrows.com/expo), with activities for kids through age 8, features keynote speaker and master of ceremonies Bunmi Laditan, creator of Twitter sensation Honest Toddler (@HonestToddler) and seminars from parenting experts Jamie Grayson (TheBabyGuyNYC), Sarah Longwell-Stevens (Baby Wearing Institute), Mt Sinai Pediatricians and others.
Parents access products, advice, gift bags, raffle prizes, parenting and wellness demonstrations and community resources for parenting from birth through early childhood, plus musical performances by Vered Music and Little Rock-its by Frolic!.
A diaper changing area is sponsored by Ubbi and Earth’s Best; play area for babies and toddlers, sponsored by IKEA. Free childcare provided by Brooklyn Manny and Nanny.
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrooklynBabyExpo.
Sunday, April 6, 2014
11:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m.
180 Remsen Street
(between Court St. and Clinton St.)
2/3/4/5 at Borough Hall, the R at Court St., and the A/C/F at Jay St-Metro Tech
Tickets start at $15.00